2017 saw the release of METHANE’s debut LP “The Devil’s Own” on Sony/Dark Star Records. That being the highlight of the year for us we wanted to share some other TOP memories. We recruited Olle Ekman on drums as well as playing some great shows and meeting lots of new friends! Other highlights ofcourse were being voted Band of the Month on Metal Devastation Radio and “The Devil’s Own” being named the #2 Underground Album of the Year by FINNISH HEAVY METAL FANS Facebook group.
Each of the band members have made a private list of thier very own TOP OF 2017, both from touring and our personal lives. Lets blow 2018 out of the water! Cheers metalheads and thank you for helping make our 2017 amazing. (Leave your 2017 METHANE memories in the comments section at the bottom of the page!)
Tim Scott (bass and vocals)
1. Best album –Testament– Brotherhood of the Snake , I also got to see them at Gefle Metal Festival in Sweden. There were tons of great new albums but this one stuck out for me.
2. 2017’s Holy Mudfest Moment. Hanging with the boys from Attacker and Blood Feast at Headbangers Open Air in Hamburg, Germany. Knee deep in mud and mead.
3. 2017 Throwback -The re-release of Revenant “Prophecies of a Dying World“. We first released the album in 1990 and that it has been remembered and re-released is really an honour.
4. 2017’s Tour Scare– Olle twisting his leg after going on a run in Holland a couple hours before our gig. Luckily he made it through the entire set twisted ankle and all.
5. Craziest Country – Finland. Snow in June, endless flow of alcohol at Mark’s Rock Club. Loosing my voice and learning the language”kikkeli”.
6. 2017’s Funnest Gig – Otzenhausen Germany with Nervosa. Sweaty as fuck and great people and fun party in the basement! Ståhl, Titten , Alcohol! OTZEN-HAUS-EN!
7. Best hangover– after a long night drinking mead at the Wiking Bar in Berlin with the guys from Edge of Ever. 8. Favorite venue/show. Little Devil in Tilburg, Netherlands w/ Nervosa and Warbringer. Hung out the night before we played there and had lots of fun with the people there and of course again on gig night. I really love small metal clubs with stickers on the walls with a real underground feel. Oh yeah Jägerbombs!
9. 2017 Funniest Tour Memory -Where is Dylan’s shoe. After waking up in the back of the van ,alone, (Dylan refused to follow us to the hotel) Dylan frantically searching for his missing shoe when we came and woke him up. We finally found the shoe right where he apperently hid it, stuck in between the seats.
10. Worst Tour Memory– forgetting my passport in Sweden and panicking hopeing someone at home finds it and can bring it to me in Germany.
Follow Tim on his Facebook Artist Page Tim Scott
Jimi Masterbo (guitar)
Sweatiest Methane show: Otzenhausen Germany
Best Methane show: Liljan Borlänge
“Aren’t we there yet”: the trip between Tampere and Joensuu, Finland
Feeling of “We never going to get home”: Tilburg Netherlands– Djurås, Sweden
Losing a band member: Olle on the ferry to Finland
Bathroom panick :”Someone have 70 cents? Quick I need to go to the toilet”: Autobahn, Germany
Most things falling apart on stage: Borlänge Bandens Firmafest, Borlänge Sweden
Best album: Kreator “Gods of Violence”
Coolest club – Jack the Rooster Tampere,Finland.
Follow Jimi on his Facebook Artist Page Jimi Masterbo Artist
Dylan Campbell (guitar)
1. Favorite song released– The Doomed by A Perfect Circle
2. Favorite T.V. Series– Game of Thrones
3. Most addicting app– Arena of Valor
4. Favorite movie– Alien Covenant
5. Favorite thing to do in my spare time– Giant canvas paintings.
6. Most exciting– Releasing The Devils Own
7. Best touring memory– Stopping at the Cliff Burton memorial
8. Worst tour memory– feeling like shit for the 24 hour drive home from Holland
9. Funniest tour moment- waking up in the van missing a shoe
10. Most fun Methane show– Liljan with The Haunted
Bonus: What I’m looking forward to most in 2018…. Putting on awesome shows for our fans and writing killer new songs \m/
Follow Dylan on his Artist Facebook Page Art Of Dylan
Olle Ekman (drums)
Warmest country to tour in – Germany
Coldest country to tour in – Finland
Most friendy police officers – Holland
Coolest venue – Little Devil, Tilburg
Most drunk – Otzenhausen (Germany)
Biggest fish caught – 9kg
Longest run – 20km
Type of liquor most consumed – Rum
Best holiday destination – Macedonia
Cheapest 50cl beer in an official restaurant -1€ 30 cents (around 13 swedish kronor). Brand Chişinău beer, Republic of Moldavia
Follow Olle on his Facebook Page The Official Adventures of Olle Ekman
Photos by : George Grigoriadis for George Grigoriadis Photography and Rockbladet.se
Nicolas Bremm for StagePit.com